The Ministry of Science and Innovation commissioned the Fundación General CSIC to design and coordinate the strategic plans for its special scientific/technical facilities (ICTSs in their Spanish initials), in a project which ran from November 2008 through to March 2009.
In line with the methodology used by the Foundation for its strategic planning services, the project was subdivided into the following stages:
- Conceptual design of the strategic plan’s data model.
- Development of web applications necessary to carry out each of the plan preparation stages (data collection, presentation and evaluation), and their maintenance.
- Organisation and management of the evaluation process.
The ICTS strategic plan model was further subdivided into three main blocks.
- Current situation and historical analysis of the last five years.
- Critical analysis.
- Putting forward objectives and strategies.