GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE WEBSITE
The terms and conditions set out below regulate access to and use of the www.fgcisc.es web site, which is the property of Fundación General CSIC. Pursuant to Article 10 of the E-Commerce and Information Society Services Act (Law 34/2002, 11 July 2002), the details of the entity are:
- Owner: Fundación General CSIC
- Address: c/ Príncipe de Vergara 9, 2-D– 28001 Madrid
- Tel: 91 781 59 99
- Tax ID no. G-85562106
- Created with perpetual succession by deed and registered in the Register of Foundations held by the Ministry of Culture on 23 January 2009.
OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE OF APPLICATION
- These general conditions ("General Conditions") govern the access, browsing, and use of the web site at the domain "fgcsic.es" (the Web site) and the responsibilities arising from the use of its content (hereinafter the "Content", which is understood to comprise the text, graphics, designs, codes, software, photographs, music, video, sound, databases, images, expressions and information, and any other creation protected by national law or international treaties on intellectual and industrial property).
- It is understood that the mere access or use of the Web site by users implies that they agree with the General Conditions that the Fundación General CSIC publishes on the Web site at the moment it is accessed. Users must therefore read these General Conditions carefully. In this regard, a User is understood to be anyone who accesses, browses, uses or participates in the services and activities implemented on the Web Site.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
Users undertake to use the Content diligently, appropriately and legally. Specifically they undertake to refrain from:
- using the Content for purposes or effects that are illegal, immoral or contrary to generally accepted standards of good conduct or public order.
- reproducing, copying, distributing or enabling public access via any mode of public communication, transformation or modification of the content, unless permitted by law or the authorisation of the owner of the relevant rights is obtained;
- using the content, and in particular the information of any type obtained via the site, to send advertising, communications intended for the purposes of direct sales or any other type of commercial purpose, unsolicited messages aimed at multiple persons regardless of their purpose, and to abstain from commercialising or disseminating such information in any way.
In order to access any of the content and/or services included on the Web site, the Fundación General CSIC may ask users to fill out certain registration forms that necessitate their supplying certain data of a personal nature. The Foundation will process these data for the purposes and under the conditions set out in each case.
By completing and sending any of the forms included on the Web site, the User expressly authorises and consents to the Fundación General CSIC's collecting, processing or transferring, as applicable, personal details asked for in accordance with the purposes and under the conditions set out in each case.
Fundación General CSIC has adopted and will adopt all the technical and organisational measures relating to security that are mandatory under the legislation in force and the quality standards applicable in the sector in order to guarantee the highest levels of security and confidentiality of communications.
Fundación General CSIC undertakes to fulfil its duty of secrecy and confidentiality in relation to the personal details contained in the data file, in accordance with the applicable legislation.
Notwithstanding the above, the user acknowledges and accepts that (i) the Internet security measures are not impregnable, (ii) the networks used for the Internet are not secure, and (iii) any communications sent by this means may be intercepted or modified by unauthorised persons.
Rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition
Users may exercise their rights of access rectification, cancellation and opposition by writing to the Fundación General CSIC by e-mail or post, at the address given in these Conditions.
- Fundación General CSIC offers users who have given their prior authorisation using the registration formula set up for this purpose, a service providing news and information on new features relating to the activity of the Fundación General CSIC and the Web site
- Users may discontinue this service at any time.
- If they wish, users may deactivate and/or eliminate these cookies by following the instructions given by their web browser.
INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Fundación General CSIC is the owner of the intellectual and industrial property rights in the Web site and is also the owner or holder of the licence on the intellectual, industrial and image property rights in the content available over the Web site
- Under no circumstances may it be construed that the user's accessing and navigating the site implies a waiver, transfer, licence or assignment of such rights, in whole or in part, by Fundación General CSIC.
- As a result, the deletion, omission or alteration of the copyright notices and any other details identifying the rights of the Fundación General CSIC or the holders of rights inherent in the Web site's content, and the technical mechanisms of protection, digital fingerprints, or other mechanism of information and/or identification that may be found in the content is prohibited.
- The modification, copying, reuse, exploitation, reproduction, public communication, secondary or subsequent publication, loading of files, sending by e-mail, transmission, use, processing or distribution in any form of all or part of the content of this Web site for public or commercial purposes is prohibited, unless expressly authorised in writing by the Fundación General CSIC or, where applicable, the corresponding rights holder.
LICENCE ON COMMUNICATIONS
- If users send information of any type to the Web site, the latter declares that they warrant and accept that they have the right to do so freely, that this information does not infringe any intellectual property rights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or any other rights of third parties, and that this information is not confidential in nature or detrimental to third parties.
- Users acknowledge and accept their responsibility to hold the Fundación General CSIC harmless for any communication they deliver personally or which is delivered in their name, this responsibility extending without any restrictions to the accuracy, legality, originality and ownership of the same.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND GUARANTEES
- Fundación General CSIC states that it has taken all the measures necessary, to the best of its ability and to the extent permitted by the current state of the technology, to guarantee the operation of its Web site and avoid the existence and transmission of viruses or other content harmful to users.
- Similarly, the Fundación General CSIC has acted diligently to ensure the legality, reliability, utility and truthfulness or accuracy of the services or information provided through its Web site
- Nevertheless, Fundación General CSIC cannot guarantee nor be held responsible for: (i) the uninterrupted availability of its web content; (ii) the absence of errors in such content or the correction of any defects that may occur; (iii) the absence of viruses and/or other harmful elements on the Web site or the server providing them; (iv) the invulnerability of the Web site and/or impregnability of the security measures adopted to protect it; (v) the lack of utility or performance of the Web site content; (vi) any damage caused to the user or third parties by a third party or any person infringing the conditions, standards or instructions that the Fundación General CSIC has established for its Web site or through the breach of the Web site's security systems.
Links to other web sites:
On the Web site Users may find links to other web sites in the form of buttons, links, banners, etc. These sites are managed by third parties. Fundación General CSIC is not able, nor does it have the human or technical resources necessary, to ascertain, control or approve all the information, content, products or services provided by other sites to which there are links from the Web site As a result, Fundación General CSIC cannot accept any liability of any kind for any aspect concerning web sites to which a link has been placed on the Web site, and in particular, by way of example only, as regards the operation, access, data, information, archives, quality and reliability of their products and services, their own links and/or any of their content, in general.
The creation of any links from the Web site to any other external Web site does not imply that there is any relationship, collaboration, or dependence between the Fundación General CSIC and the party responsible for the external Web site
Links to the Web site from other web sites
If any User, entity or Web site wishes to establish any type of link to the Web site, they should abide by the following rules:
- The link may be directed to any section of the Web site However, Fundación General CSIC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to revoke this consent.
- The link must be absolute and complete, i.e. it must take the user to the URL address of the Fundación General CSIC with a single click and display the linked page in the full screen. Under no circumstances, unless Fundación General CSIC expressly authorises the contrary in writing, may the linking site reproduce the Web site in any way or include it as a part of its own Web site or one of its frames or create a browser on any of the Web site's pages.
- The page that establishes the link may not state in any way that the Fundación General CSIC has authorised the link unless the Fundación General CSIC has expressly done so in writing. If the entity linking the Web site from its Web site correctly wishes to include the trademark, name, commercial name, label, logotype, slogan or any other element identifying the Fundación General CSIC and/or the Web site, it must first obtain express written permission.
- Fundación General CSIC does not authorise links to the Web site from pages containing illicit, illegal, degrading or obscene materials, information or content or those that are counter to morals, public standards or generally accepted social standards.
Fundación General CSIC is not able, nor does it have the human or technical resources necessary, to approve all the information, content, products or services provided by other sites which have links to the Web site Fundación General CSIC cannot accept any liability of any kind for any aspects concerning web sites to which a link has been placed on the Web site, and in particular, by way of example only, as regards the operation, access, data, information, archives, quality and reliability of their products and services, their own links and/or any of their content, in general.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES VIA THE WEBSITE
- Fundación General CSIC may also allow third parties to provide services via its Web site Fundación General CSIC does not guarantee the legality, reliability and utility of the services provided by third parties through this site.
Fundación General CSIC will not be responsible for loss or damage of any kind caused by the services provided by third parties over the Web site and, in particular, by way of example, those caused by:
- breach of the law, morals or public order.
- incorporation of viruses or other computer code, files or programs that may damage, interrupt or prevent the normal functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- infringement of intellectual and industrial property rights, business secrets, or contractual commitments of any type.
- the performance of acts that constitute illegal, misleading or unfair advertising, and in general, which constitute unfair competition;
- lack of accuracy, truthfulness, quality, relevance and/or up-to-dateness of the content transmitted, disseminated, stored, received, obtained, made available or accessible;
- the infringement of the right of honour, personal and family privacy, personal image or, in general, any type of third party rights;
- the unsuitability for any type of purpose and failure to meet expectations raised, or faults or defects that may be produced in relations with third parties;
- the non-fulfilment, delay in fulfilment, defective fulfilment or termination for whatever cause of the obligations contracted by third parties and contracts with third parties.
DURATION AND MODIFICATION
- Fundación General CSIC may modify the terms and conditions stated here, in whole or in part, by publishing any changes in the same form as these General Conditions or via any type of communication addressed to Users.
- These General Conditions will therefore be applicable while they are published until modified in whole or in part, at which time the modified General Conditions will come into effect.
- Fundación General CSIC may terminate, suspend or interrupt access to the contents of the Web site at any time without the requirement to give prior notice, and without thereby entitling Users to any indemnity whatsoever. After this cessation, the prohibition on the use of the Content set out above in these General Conditions shall still apply.
- The titles of the various clauses are for information only and do not affect, qualify or expand upon the interpretation of the General Conditions.
- If any of the provisions of these General Conditions are considered null and void or unenforceable, in whole or in part, by any competent Court, Tribunal or Administrative body, this nullity shall not affect the other provisions of the General Conditions or the Particular Conditions of the various services of the Fundación General CSIC.
- The Fundación General CSIC's failure to exercise or execute any of the rights or provisions in these General Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such rights, unless acknowledged and agreed in writing by it.
- The relations established between the Fundación General CSIC and the User shall be governed by the regulations in force as regards the applicable legislation and competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in those cases in which the regulations envisage the possibility of the parties being subject to a specific jurisdiction, Fundación General CSIC, with the express waiver of any other jurisdiction that may apply, will submit disputes to the courts of the city of Madrid.
- If you have any questions or wish to notify Fundación General CSIC of any infringements of these Conditions, please contact us using the form in the CONTACT section of the Web site, or using the general e-mail address: email@example.com